Location: Best Western Plus
444 Pine Lake Avenue
LaPorte, Indiana 46360
Date: October 28, 2016
Time: Registration Starts at 8:00 a.m. Program begins at 8:30 a.m.
Registration Fee: $30.00
Click here for registration form!
This year’s symposium will focus on four of the eight core strategies of JDAI.
• Promoting collaboration between juvenile court officials, probation agencies, prosecutors, defense attorneys, schools, community organizations and advocates;
• Using rigorous data collection and analysis to guide decision making;
• Implementing new or expanded alternatives to detention programs – such as day and evening reporting centers, crisis intervention, home confinement and shelter care – that can be used in lieu of locked detention; and
• Combatting disproportionate minority contact (DMC)which includes racial and ethnic disparities by examining data to identify policies and practices that may disadvantage youth of color at various stages of the process, and pursuing strategies to ensure a more level playing field for youth regardless of race or ethnicity and expanding LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) youth into DMC.
• Lunch is included in your registration fee. The menu this year is Hawaiian Chicken, California blend, roasted new potato, tossed salad with dressing, dinner rolls, coffee, ice tea, lemonade and water.
• Should you have any special dietary needs you will need to email Chip Cotman at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 7, 2016 and we will try to accommodate your needs.
We would like to thank the following for funding this program
Indiana Supreme Court: Court Improvement Grant
LaPorte County United Way